For Scheduling and Contract information contact: Dawnadair Lewis, Associate Director
We look forward to serving your Tribal community. WSC has served the Washington State Tribal Communities for more than a decade. Below is a list of Training & Consultation Topics.
For more information be sure and read the WSC Services Catalog.
Together we make a difference ending violence in Tribal communities.
for our Training request form click here Trng Request rev
Beginning Advocacy and Community Awareness Education
- Intro to DV: Training Session: DV Facts.
- Intro to SA: Training Session: SA Facts.
- Intro to Stalking.
- Intro to Dating Violence.
- Introduction to Contemporary Native Advocacy.
- Support Group Development and Facilitation.
- Tribal Shelter Design and Shelter Staff/Advocacy Technical Assistance.
- Human Trafficking and Native Women.
- Human Rights, Native Women, & Sexual Violence.
- Intermediate Tribal Advocacy Skill Development: Ethics and Boundaries, Oppression.
- Legal Advocacy and Court Presentation.
- Law Enforcement: Officer-Involved Policy Development, Effective Victim Response, Case Review.
- Shelter Dynamics and Housing Options.
- Tribal Courts Response to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, Protection Orders and Jurisdiction Issues.
- Tribal Council Briefing on Violence Against Native Women.
- Law and Order Codes Revision: Adult and Juvenile Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking, Dating Violence including Trafficking, Stalking and Strangulation.
- Program Evaluation.
- Inter-departmental Policy and Procedure Development.
Developing a Coordinated Tribal Community Response
- Overview and Process.
- A Difficult Journey – Tribal Community and Program Education Tool.
- Task Force Development-Role of Advocacy Programs and an Advisory Committee.
Healing and Recovery from Abuse/Trauma
- Sayu’?xWey Institute
- Connections-Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, Historical & Intergenerational Traumas & Healing.
- Reclaiming Ourselves, Reclaiming Our Sacred-A Journey to Healing Workbook- Journaling ( Available to purchase/order for groups).
Additional Training & Consultation Topics
- Trauma Informed Care; Compassion Fatigue.
- Coercive Reproduction.
- Domestic Violence & Substance Abuse.
- Historical and Inter-generational Trauma.
- Oppression and Internalized Oppression.
- Tribal DV/SA Program Policy & Procedure Review.
- Tribal Codes Review & Updates.
- Grants Consultation.
- For Scheduling and Contract information contact: Dee Koester, Executive Director